Thursday 17 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 3

For this weeks Unity tutorial we had to create a clock that actually tells the time. I enjoyed doing this task. The instructions where different this time, instead of having videos to follow, we were given a document with instructions and images to follow. I feared this would be hard to understand but it actually was easy and straight forward to follow. There where a few times I got confused by the wording but I did understand those parts after reading over them again. I also enjoyed slowly but surely building up the clock step by step. I felt this exercise helped me get better at using the positioning, rotation and scale in the transform. It also helped me get a better grip when it comes to assembling an object in Unity. I also taught me that Unity can be used for more than just video games. Unfortunately I couldn't fully complete the tutorial. When I was editing the script, I tried to do Hours Transformed part with the Hours Arm. But no matter what I did, it wouldn't accept it. I have no idea why this was the case but I hope to find out when I talk with my lecturer in the next lab.

(A screenshot of my clock in process)

No comments:

Post a Comment