Saturday 12 October 2019

Game Idea Research

The game idea I am going with for my project is the collectathon idea. I am going with this idea because I feel it can be simple enough to do but allow me the space to be creative with it. The main mechanic for this game will be collecting objects around the open world, gathering a certain amount to complete the game. Another mechanic I was thinking of was combat. You will be able to attack and kill enemies in the world. And the last mechanic I was thinking of using was puzzle elements, where the player would preform puzzles like remember pasterns or moving objects in a certain to get access to items to collect.
(The titular characters of Banjo Kazooie collecting an object in the game. Found here.)

3 comments:

  1. Hi nathan! I think your ideas for this game are super cool! the fact that you want to include several different aspects to the game is also awesome, I cant wait to see what you do with the final product,
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. well a good day to you Nathan.

    After having a thorough read through your main idea, I must say that your idea sounds simply marvellous. I also very much enjoyed the concept of the video links that you have attached to this as well as they were the bee knees in entertainment . I think that this game will work out really well, and plus I am a sucker for plat-formers myself. I look forward to seeing how it all turns out in the end.
    Cheerio!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nathan
    Good idea going for simplicity it's important to give yourself something you can work with and that your comfortable doing it
    -Oisín

    ReplyDelete