Wednesday 25 September 2019

Multimedia Development Workshop 01

On the 18/09/2019 we attended the first workshop of the module. The first thing we did was an exercise. We were put into groups of three and working from an illustration of a four way junction, we first had to describe in plain English how the traffic lights at the junction work. The second part of the task was for us to create flow charts that details the steps. It was a cool exercise but given that it was at 9:00am, I and everyone else were still walking up so I feel it was kinda lost on us because we weren't able to think properly.

For the second part of the workshop, two questions were put onto the projector. "What worked well for you last year?" and "What would you like to change or improve on?" We wrote are answers down and some of us read out them out. My answers were "Sitting down at the library or home by myself to work." and "Reading over the lectures and writing the notes at home or at the library." I found this part of the workshop good since it showed how we've both grown but still have room to improve as students.

The last thing we did was going over what the content of the module is. We learned was had to make a blog where we have to talk about are progress in the class and tying into that, our end of year project. We discovered that we have to create a simple within the game engine know as Unity and we have to record and share are process with the rest of the class via this blog. I found the blog part simple to understand but I did get lost and somewhat intimidated by the game project. But I chop that up too never doing game development and it being the very beginning of the module so I'll hopefully full understand when we get started in the labs.

(Picture of me giving a thumbs up)

No comments:

Post a Comment