Thursday 5 March 2020

Tutorial 6

I found this tutorial much more challenging and difficult compared to the other past ones I have done. I would put in the texts into the C Sharp scripts but they wouldn't work and I would either have to close out of and reopen Unity to make work or redo the whole script again. I couldn't find out why this happened and it doing all this became way too time consuming. I got frustrated and gave up. I will discuss with my fellow students for help on the matter. Also, unlike the videos, I wasn't able to move my camera freely like I have been able to with the past tutorials. This didn't hinder me unlike the script issue but it would of been more helpful to have been able to move the camera to see the full scale of the project as I worked on it. But I did find making the background and obstacles move and having the player character stay mobile to simulate the illusion of the character moving forward and learning how to simulator movement like that really cool and fascinating. I hope to find out what's behind the issues I'm having and having them fixed so I can complete this tutorial.

(My Unity HUB while working on it)

No comments:

Post a Comment