Tuesday 3 March 2020

Tutorial 5

I felt this tutorial went well. It was very rewarding finally completing the game and having it working properly. I didn't face any real issues or problems. The only thing I can this of is that when I went into game view, the animals spawned where the player character was. I soon discovered that in the code, I had a vector 3 as a vector 2. So I quickly changed it to a 3 and it worked perfectly. The main things I learned and enjoyed was writing script to make objects and shoot and be destroyed. I also quite enjoyed creating hit boxes. It's really interesting to learn first hand how games make player characters able to hit an enemy character. And creating a game over screen was also really cool. I didn't attempt the challenge due to time constants. If I have time in the future I may come back and attempt it. I know this blog is a bit short but I can't of anything else to say but I did have fun with this tutorial and can't wait for the next one!

(The game in action)

No comments:

Post a Comment