Saturday 29 February 2020

Unity Tutorial 02

I found the first of these new Unity tutorials very simple and straight forward to understand. I feel it is defiantly an improvement from the Jimmy Vegas tutorials we used in Multimedia Development 1 last semester. The videos highlighted the specific parts of the layout to use for it. So I found it very enjoyable to use. I felt the first part was good refresher on the basics of Unity which helped me back into the groove of it. I learned some basic game coding from it. The coding side of Unity did not work for me last semester for reasons beyond my understanding but it all worked fine here. Though my computer just has notepad instead of the more fancy program in the video so I have to write all the code without any auto fill which can be long and lead to some mistakes on my part but it's nothing too bad. I didn't find anything really all that difficult but I'm sure that will change with the future tutorials. I also found it very rewarding to make the car move, it made feel like accomplished I thought I could never do. So I'm looking forward to doing the future tutorials.

(Screenshot of the car tutorial)

No comments:

Post a Comment