Sunday 8 December 2019

The Magic Gate Beta

The development of the game have been a total disaster. I haven't been able to fix the collectible issue since my last blog post. Unlike my planning document there will no character model, NPCs, story, collectibles, enemies, combat, menus or displays. All the player can do is wander the map that has no borders. I'm honestly done trying with this project. It's a bust and it's caused me to fall behind on my other modules. So The Magic Gate is now "complete."

(The Final Product.)

1 comment:

  1. Hello there Nathan, I have just read through your game beta post. I am sorry to hear your game beta has not gone as you wished and as a result has caused you to fall behind on your work. From what I can tell of your game from the screenshot provided, it looked quite promising, the atmosphere of the game and the design of the level look very nice and wide, seemingly providing the player some sort of wide exploration. You mentioned before that your game is based on some sort of collectathon game where you explore a large map and collect floating objects? I myself am doing something similar, however based on previous posts I checked for better context it wasn't first person like yours was. I assume a first person game would be a pretty cool idea though. Sorry once again that your beta did not go according to plan.

    ReplyDelete